Happy Birthday to our Founder & Head Chef! Our very own Wonderwoman had a lovely day with all of the family and a rather scrummy gluten free cake made by one of our chefs Kristy; take a look at all of her other creations at @amourcakes 👌🏽🎂
4 large egg whites
250g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
• Whisk egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff.
• Gradually add spoonfuls of sugar until all sugar has been incorporated.
• Add vinegar, cornflour and vanilla. Mix well.
• Place greaseproof paper on a baking sheet. Spread the meringue onto the paper in a circular shape. Build meringue up and use all mixture, level out.
• Place into a preheated oven 140 degrees celsius and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
• Switch the oven off and leave door closed.
• When the meringue has cooled, top with clotted cream cover with a selection of fresh berries. Sprinkle with raspberry sauce and enjoy!
Our supplier relationships are just as important as our client ones and we were extremely lucky this week when Alex and @somerleyhouse arranged for Andy and Cat's pre shoot to be held there along with a surprise Afternoon Tea. We are very privileged to be able to work at such a stunning venue and alongside one of the best teams in the industry. Thank you Alex for making this happen and to Maddie Waters Wedding Photography for capturing the Afternoon so beautifully, here are some of our favourites!